Savory Sweet Potato Casserole
Not a fan of sweet potatoes - give this savory sweet potato casserole a try and your tune will soon change. It's delicious!
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shallot, grated (1-large)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup coarsely ground day-old breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 170mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place potatoes on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until very tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 1/2 hours. Cool 30 minutes. Peel and discard skin.
Stir together potatoes, shallot, milk, eggs, sage, nutmeg, 1/2 cup of melted butter, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon pepper with a fork until mostly smooth. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
Combine pecans, breadcrumbs, cheese and remaining 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper in a medium bowl. Sprinkle pecan mixture in an even layer over potato mixture.
Bake uncovered at 350°F until topping is golden brown, about 28 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
To make ahead of time, prepare recipe, cover and chill overnights. Let baking dish sit at room temperature while oven preheats.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Cloud Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegan Nachos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tips and Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grey Poupon Herb Roasted Potatoes 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Pleasing Potato Pizza 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Beef Brisket (Zinfandel)... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken Parma 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)