Pleasing Potato Pizza
You say potato - I say Pizza, anyway you slice it, this potato pizza is sure to please!
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (13.8-ounce) tube refrigerated Pizza crust
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Minced fresh chives and sour cream, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisped stirring occasionally - add onion and pepper cook and stir until bacon is crisp - drain well.
Place potatoes in water to cover and a large sauce pan bring to a boil reduce heat cook uncovered until tender 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile unroll and press pizza crust onto an ungreased 14 inch pizza pan - pricks several times with a fork - bake until lightly browned about 15 minutes increase oven heat to 375°F.
Drain potatoes - return to Pan mash potatoes gradually adding milk and salt spread over the crust topped with bacon extra and cheeses .
Bake pizza until cheese is melted 15 to 20 minutes if desired serve with chives and sour cream.