Bow-Ties with Chicken and Asparagus
This is easy and delicious, plenty of veggies and it also reheats well.
- 4 cups uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (8 oz)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- You can use 1 jar of alfredo sauce instead of chicken broth and cornstarch
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from images.search.yahoo.com
• Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
• Break off tough ends of asparagus as far down as stalks snap easily. Wash asparagus; cut into 1-inch pieces.
• In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in asparagus, mushrooms and garlic. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender.
• In small bowl, gradually stir broth into cornstarch. Stir in onions and basil. Stir cornstarch mixture into chicken mixture. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with some crusty French bread or garlic toast
You'll also love
- Pimento Macaroni Salad 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Salsa Chicken Fiesta 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Cod with Asparagus and Mashed... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Cambodian Stuffed Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas with... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad with Ham, Peas and... 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic-Basil Chicken with... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)