Salsa Chicken Fiesta
Awhile back, it was triple coupon day at our local grocery store. I had a ton of coupons for Bisquick, which made each box an insanely cheap 10 cents a piece. So, since then I've been trying out Bisquick recipes! This is one that was a hit with the family!
- 2/3 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, about 6 ounces
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso thick & chunky salsa
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from food.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Spray 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. Stir together Bisquick mix, water and egg in small bowl; spread in pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/4 cups of the cheese.
Cook chicken in oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until outsides turn white; drain. Stir in salsa; heat until hot. Spoon over batter in pan within 1/2 inch of edges.
Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until edges are dark golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake 1 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted; loosen from sides of pan.
You'll also love
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Cambodian Stuffed Chicken Wings 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Kalua Pork 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Crockpot 3-Ingredient Balsamic... 4/5 (64 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Butter Roasted Chicken 3.9/5 (78 Votes)
- Chicken Cacciatore - Baked 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheesy Salsa Chicken with Lime,... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies with Bisquick 4.7/5 (6 Votes)