- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound) sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch slabs
Adapted from ohmyveggies.com
•In a medium bowl, stir together the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, maple syrup, and liquid smoke. Add the eggplant slices and stir gently to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or more, stirring every 10 minutes or so to keep eggplant well coated.
•Coat a large skillet with 2 teaspoons olive oil and place over medium-high heat. When hot, add eggplant slices in a single layer, working in batches if needed. Reserve marinade. Cook until the eggplant slices are browned on bottoms, about 3-5 minutes. Pour half of marinade into skillet (or less if you're working in batches) and cook another minute, until marinade cooks off.
•Flip the slices and cook until they're browned on other side, about 3-5 minutes. Add the remaining marinade to the skillet and cook another minute, until the marinade cooks off again. The eggplant slices should be tender at this point.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Chickpea Skillet 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Crab Cakes 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled American Lamb Loin Chops... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Asian Cabbage Rolls 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Pork and Slaw Sandwiches 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Mushroom Quiche 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Pasta with Eggplants 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Baked Shells with Ricotta and... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)