Pork and Slaw Sandwiches
Pulled pork is a classic and slow-cooking makes it simple. Use packaged cabbage and carrot coleslaw to shave you time.
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 15 (2-ounce) hamburger buns
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Place pork and 1 cup water in a 3- to 4-quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours or until meat is tender.
Drain pork, discarding cooking liquid. Return pork to slow cooker; shred with 2 forks. Stir in barbecue sauce and next 3 ingredients (through pepper). Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour.
Combine coleslaw and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a bowl; toss well. Place about 1/3 cup pork mixture and about 2 tablespoons slaw on bottom half of each bun; cover with bun tops.
Quick Tip: Using packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw shaves time off the prep. Long gone are the days when you'd have to shred your own.