Pineapple Carrot Bread
A nutritional bread that tastes like carrot cake.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (8 oz) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsps milk, optional
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs; add carrots, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
2. Spoon into two greased and floured 8X4 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
3. If glaze is desired, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over loaves.
You'll also love
- Dog Food Recipe 6: Healthy Beef &... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- The Cheesecake Factory Carrot Cake... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Bisquick Date & Nut Bread 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Applebee's Apple Chimi Cheesecake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Virgin Pineapple Daiquiri 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Angel Food Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)