Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese White Chocolate Icing
A very moist, dense carrot cake that I made into a wedding cake for dear friends. For the pictured cake, I made 4 batches of batter and made a 6", 8" and 10" double layer cake, with enough extra batter to make 6 mini loaves.
- CAKE Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Wilton Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each nutmeg, cloves, allspice and salt
- 4 cups (approx. 1 lb.) grated carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 1 (12 oz.) package Wilton White Candy Melts or any white confectionery coating
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
For the CAKE:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 2 nine in. round pans with vegetable spray, or use Wilton Cake Release (Click here for complete instructions on preparing baking pans.) In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; add oil and vanilla and beat well. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and salt together; add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in carrots, nuts, raisins and pineapple. Pour into prepared pans and bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on cooling grid and invert on grid to cool.
Makes 5 1/2 cups batter.
For the ICING:
Melt Candy Melts according to directions. Allow coating to cool slightly, stirring occasionally (don't let it harden). In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese (preferably with a flat beater) until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in the cooled coating until blended and smooth. Beat in the butter and lemon juice. Smooth a small amount of icing on bottom cake layer; top side up. Top with second layer bottom side up. Frost cake with remaining icing. Refrigerate until ready to serve; bring to room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
In a pinch, use store bought frosting.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes with... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Tony Roma's Onion Loaf 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
- LEVY RESTAURANT SIGNATURE HOMEMADE... 4/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe