The Very Best Homemade Beef Jerky
Makes a beef jerky using your standard oven. Toothpick are inserted into strips of deliciously marinated beef and hung from the top rack of your oven to dehydrate. Don't forget to line the bottom of your oven with aluminum foil or sheet pan to catch the drippings. Excellent for gift giving if you don't eat it all. Enjoy!
- 4 pounds round steak cut into strips no thicker than 1/4 inch (if you freeze the steak a few minutes beforehand, slicing is much easier)
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1/3 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 250mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Mix together in a large bowl, the onion powder, pepper, garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and pepper sauce.
Place meat into a container, and combine with marinade. Cover, and refrigerate and marinate for 24 hours. (I use large zip lock storage bags)
Place oven rack on the highest level. Place aluminum foil on bottom of oven to catch drips.
Preheat oven to 150°F.
Insert round toothpicks through the tops of the strips of meat, and hang them from the oven rack. Bake in preheated oven for 4 hours, or until dried to desired consistency. Store finished product in an air tight container. Excellent for gift giving. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Lemon Cilantro Shrimp for Two 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Cake 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Texas Sticky Buns 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Chicken Taco Salad 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Beef, Cheese and Noodle Bake 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Simple Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Beer-Braised Beef Short Ribs 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Black Bean, Rice & Veggie Salad 4.7/5 (13 Votes)