Homemade Beef Jerky
A perfect marinade is what makes this beef jerky so good! Preparation is a breeze, the hard part is waiting for the marinating and dehydrating process to finish but it's so worth the wait. Enjoy!
- Homemade Beef Jerky
- 4 pounds London broil beef or 4 pounds flank steaks
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, more if you like it hot
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 375mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Trim all fat off meat. Cut steak in to 4 inch strips. The steak should be about 1/2 inch thick. It's easier to cut meat partially frozen. Pound meat lightly, you don't want it too thin.
Add the remaining ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Add the steak strips into the marinade and mix well making sure as best possible the steak is fully covered. Cover and refrigerate overnight (8-hours).
Line cookie sheets with tin foil. Place steak strips on sheets, don't overlap meat.
Set oven at lowest temperature. (150-175°F).
Bake 6 hours, turning after three hours.
Jerky is done when meat is dried out, depending on your oven. So worth the wait, enjoy!
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Jell-O Blueberry Salad 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Pecan Praline Cookies with Brown... 4.1/5 (63 Votes)
- HERBED TURKEY CHEESE BALL 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Spinach-Mushroom Quiche 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Ed’s Smoked Salmon Puff Pastry... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Taco Pasta Salad 4.1/5 (50 Votes)