Grilled American Lamb Loin Chops with Yogurt, Orange and Olives
- 1-1/2 pounds American lamb loin chops, 1 to 1-1/2 inches thick
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt, low fat or whole milk
- Juice and zest of one orange, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped and divided
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
Adapted from culinary.net
The day before serving, pat chops dry and season with salt and pepper. Lay chops in shallow non-reactive pan such as 8-inch square baking dish. Combine yogurt, half of orange juice and zest, and half of garlic in small bowl. Whisk ingredients together and pour over chops, turning once to coat both sides with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Remove chops from refrigerator 30-45 minutes prior to grilling to allow meat to come to room temperature. Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high. Remove chops from marinade and allow most of it to drip off. Lightly oil grill and arrange chops over heat. Grill three minutes, turn each chop 90 degrees, and cook for another three minutes or until chops are nicely charred. Flip chops and cook on other side for about six more minutes, turning halfway through. They should still be pink inside. Remove chops from grill and let rest while making sauce.
Combine remaining orange juice and zest, chopped garlic with onion, olives, parsley and olive oil in small bowl. Stir well to combine; spoon sauce over each chop and serve immediately. Enjoy with glass of pinot noir.
You'll also love
- Brandied Mango Bread Pudding 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Asian Cabbage Rolls 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Strawberry Malt Napolean 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Brown Butter Bacon Ice Cream 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken Salad with Yellow... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Pork and Slaw Sandwiches 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Currant-Glazed Lamb Chops with... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)