Broccoli Cheddar Bites
Trying to get the family to eat vegetables? These Broccoli cheddar bites are fun to make and the family will enjoy them.
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces shredded colby cheese
- 6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 16 ounce box of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed,drained,and dried
- 2 1/2 ounces hormel real bacon bits
- 1/2 ounce diced yellow onions
- 1 ounce all-purpose flour
- Italian breadcrumbs, as needed
- Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Hellman mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Preparation time 25mins
Drain thawed broccoli by pressing through a strainer.
Dry well with paper towels.
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until well-blended.
In a large plastic container, place all ingredients except bread crumbs.
Add beaten eggs.
Stir together with a spatula until thoroughly combined.
Refrigerate for 1 hour, this will bind the mixture together
Heat about 4 cups of oil in a deep fryer or deep pan at 350°F.
Pour bread crumbs into a shallow pan.
Remove mixture from fridge and form portions into 1 inch balls and coat well with bread crumbs.
Place Broccoli Bites into fry basket or pan.
Make sure they do not stick together.
Fry one minute, then remove and place on paper-towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.
Serve hot with Honey-Mustard Dipping sauce.
Note; These are best kept warm so you may want to use a chafing dish or even a slow cooker set on "low" for serving.
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard.
With a whisk, blend mixture thoroughly.
Slowly pour in honey and lemon juice and continue mixing until smooth.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.