Pan-Seared Scallops with Ginger-Orange Spinach
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 5 scallops, 3/4 cup spinach mixture, and 1 tablespoon sauce)
5 points plus
Calories from fat: 13%
Saturated fat: 0.5g
Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- 1 tablespoon julienne-cut peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced $
- 20 sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds) $
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon stick margarine or butter $
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind $
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice $
- 1 1/2 pounds chopped fresh spinach $
- 1/2 teaspoon salt $
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray $
Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
Place scallops in a shallow dish. Add vodka, vermouth, and half of ginger mixture; toss gently. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Melt margarine in a large skillet over high heat. Add remaining ginger mixture, and sauté 30 seconds. Add orange rind and juice, and bring to a boil. Stir in spinach, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
Remove scallops from marinade, reserving marinade. Place skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat until hot. Add scallops; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
Add reserved marinade to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook until sauce is reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes).
Arrange scallops over spinach mixture; drizzle with sauce.
You'll also love
- Broccoli and Cauliflower soufle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bread Machine potato rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Indian Style Apricot Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Cranberry and Pineapple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Penne 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Patties 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Corn Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)