Cornish Hens with Crabmeat Stuffing
I have been making these for many years for holidays or special occasions.
It makes an elegant meal, yet is very easy.
- 4 Cornish Game hens
- salt & pepper -- to taste
- garlic powder -- to taste
- paprika -- to taste
- stuffing (recipe follows)
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup green onion -- chopped fine
- 1/4 cup celery -- chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic -- chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup crabmeat (6.5 oz.can)
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
Cooking time 100mins
Rinse hens lightly and pat dry. Season (inside & out) with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika; rub lightly with oil. Divide stuffing among hens. Tie legs together and place on rack in roasting pan.
Preheat oven to 350 and roast hens 1- 1 1/2 hours.
Stuffing: Melt butter, add garlic, parsley, green onion, and celery; saute vegetables until soft. Add crabmeat. Salt & pepper. Stir gently not to break up crabmeat, simmer. Add breadcrumbs and half & half, a little at a time so mixture is not too dry.
You'll also love
- Zesty Black Bean Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens with Hazelnut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Beef for Cold Cuts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- TURKEY HAM AND SWISS CASSEROLE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal and peppers for crockpot 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Cakes with Old Bay Aioli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach & Ricotta-Stuffed Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deluxe Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)