Spinach Feta and Potato Gratin
Spinach Feta and Potato Gratin is a perfect side dish for pork chops or ham slices.
- Butter, room temperature, for baking dish
- 5-6 medium-sized red potatoes, washed, peeled, and sliced 1/8-inch thick, divided (or can use sweet potatoes seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 3 cans (13.5 ounce) spinach, washed and drained, pat dry with paper towel (or can use 4 cups of sautéed fresh spinach)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from diethood.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Rub a 13x9 baking dish with butter.
Layer half of the potato slices in dish, overlapping slightly.
Spread the spinach on top of the potato slices
Add the crumbled feta cheese over the spinach
Layer the rest of the potato slices on top.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, eggs, and salt and pepper.
Pour the cream mixture into dish to cover potatoes; cover with foil.
Bake for 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Remove foil and continue to bake until top of gratin is golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
Let rest 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
You'll also love
- Peach, Prosciutto & Ricotta... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Fried Soft Shell Crabs 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pineapple Cucumber Juice 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Skinny Broccoli Salad 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Boston Lettuce and Fettuccine 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Polenta tart with goat cheese,... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Gouda Mashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- spinach ,pear and cranberry salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)