Boston Lettuce and Fettuccine
- 2 heads of Boston lettuce – cleaned and torn
- 4-5 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes – diced
- 15 oz. can of black beans – drained
- 1 onion – sliced
- 9 oz. can of black olive – drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs. butter
- Grated Romano cheese
- 3-4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. of fettuccine – prepare as directed
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Wash and rip the lettuce and place in a colander to drain.
Heat a large cast iron frying pan with two tablespoons of olive oil.
Add the sliced onion and sauté until slightly golden.
Add the garlic and tomatoes and sauté on a medium-low heat. When the garlic is fragrant and the tomatoes soften add the lettuce and butter and continue to sauté on a low heat.
When the lettuce is wilted; add the olives, drained beans and seasonings and turn the heat to low, while preparing the fettuccine.
Place two tablespoons of olive oil at the bottom of the serving bowl and add the fettuccine and toss; top with the cooked lettuce, grating cheese and dashes of red pepper flakes; toss and serve.
You'll also love
- Crunchy Baked Okra 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Kidney Bean-Walnut Burgers with... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Saffron Roasted Cauliflower 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- SHORT RIBS WITH RICOTTA GNOCCHI 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Sesame Noodles Appetizer Recipe 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Polenta tart with goat cheese,... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Crispy Chili Kale Chips - Katie Lee 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Tortellini in Creamy Rosé Sauce 4.4/5 (16 Votes)