Sausage, Artichoke & Goat Cheese Egg Bake
This Sausage, Artichoke & Goat Cheese Egg Bake recipe is perfect to make ahead. It's great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 1/4 pound spicy Italian sausage, about 1 large sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and roughly chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Heat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 3-quart or 9x13-inch baking dish with baking spray or olive oil.
Heat a deep sauté pan over medium-high heat. Chop the sausage into 1/2-inch pieces and cook until well-browned. Add the onion and garlic and turn the heat down to medium. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until the onion begins to brown just a bit. Add the artichoke hearts and cook just until they are warmed through. Turn off the heat.
Whisk the eggs thoroughly then whisk in the milk, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Stir in the crumbled goat cheese and Parmesan cheese, then fold in the cooked sausage and vegetables from the skillet.
Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean and the top is lightly golden brown. Serve warm or cold, with a fresh salad.
based on the thickness of the frittata in the photo, and the rounded edge, couldn't you make this in one less dish by cooking it all in a cast iron skillet? or is it really enough that it needs a larger pan?
I think this would work fine in a cast iron skillet, depending on the size -- a 10-inch cast iron skillet will hold just under 3 quarts. So it would depend on the volume of your mix-ins. And the bake will be thicker, you will have to cook it for at least 5 minutes longer - maybe 10.
You'll also love
- Quinoa Pudding with Mango and... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Rachel Ray 30 Minute Shepherd Pie 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Grandma's Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roll Baked Donuts 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Slop 4.1/5 (67 Votes)
- Zucchini & Spaghetti Squash... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread in a Jar 4.5/5 (38 Votes)