Loaded Baked Potato Shepherd's Pie
Shepherd's pie with a twist topped with Cheddar cheese before baking, then garnished with green onion, fresh tomato and bacon bits before serving.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (1 pound 8 ounce) package refrigerated garlic mashed potatoes, or homemade mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato, if desired
- 2 slices precooked bacon, chopped, if desired
- 2 medium green onions, chopped, about 2 tablespoons
Heat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, mix beef, onion, bread crumbs, sage, salt and egg until well blended. Press in bottom of ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart)
glass baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Bake uncovered about 50 minutes. Sprinkle with tomato, bacon and green onions.