Tequila Lime Chicken
- 1/2 cup gold tequila
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice - (5 to 6 limes)
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice - (2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeño pepper - (1 pepper seeded)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic - (3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 whole skin-on boneless chicken breasts - (6 split)
Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeño pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts. Refrigerate overnight.
Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, and grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned. Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from the grill to a plate. Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Mediterranean Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (170 Votes)