Bernaise Sauce (for steaks)
Bernaise Sauce is great on steaks but also works well with other dishes such as fish or poached eggs. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup good white wine
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 extra-large egg yolks*
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
Put the Champagne vinegar, white wine, shallots, 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the mixture is reduced to a few tablespoons. Cool slightly.
Place the cooled mixture with the egg yolks and 1 teaspoon salt in the jar of a blender and blend for 30 seconds. With blender on, slowly pour the hot butter through the opening in the lid. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of tarragon leaves and blend only for a second. If the sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon of white wine to thin. Keep at room temperature until serving.
Serve the Bernaise sauce on the side with steaks.
Note: To make the sauce in advance, prepare an hour before serving and allow it to sit in the blender. Before serving, add 1 tablespoon of the hottest tap water and blend for a few seconds.
You'll also love
- Easiest Pineapple Cake 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- Black Bean Pineapple Salad 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
Review this recipe