Jelly Shot Gummy Fish Bowl
What a clever idea! You'll have as much fun making these as you do enjoying them.
- 1 new, 1-gallon plastic fish bowl
- 5 cups water
- 1 box unflavored gelatin
- 2 boxes blue berry-flavored gelatin
- 3 cups gummy-flavored vodka (cake or cotton candy vodka also works)
- Assorted gummy candies (fish and other sea life)
- Teddy Grahams snacks (if desired)
- Fruit by the Foot and Fruit Roll-Up snacks (to cut into seaweed and swim suits and floats for Teddy Grahams, if desired)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 210mins
Pour 5 cups of water into a medium pan. Sprinkle gelatin powder over water and heat mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin powder is completely dissolved in water (about 5 minutes).
Remove from heat and allow to cool 5 minutes. Add vodka and stir. Pour mixture into fish bowl and place in refrigerator to chill.
When gelatin is almost set, use a sharp knife to cut slits into top of gelatin. Use an uncooked spaghetti noodle or wooden skewer to slide gummy fish and other candies into position in the gelatin. Return bowl to fridge to set completely before serving. To serve, scoop two tablespoons gelatin into small shot glasses.
For additional decorations, place gummy lifesavers around Teddy Grahams (cut Lifesaver if necessary) and make floating rafts out of Fruit Roll-Ups and place a Teddy on top. Fruit Roll-Ups and Fruit by the Foot can be cut into bathing suits for the Teddy Grahams.
Make ahead: Place top decorations on just before serving to prevent the candies from "weeping" and running on top of the gelatin.
Kid friendly: Substitute flat lemon-lime soda for the vodka.
Display tip: The fish show up great if they’re back lit.
Instead of a big bowl, you can use 8 stemless plastic wine glasses.
Or, for a kiddy party favor, use the same kid-friendly recipe version and pour a cup of gelatin mixture into 8 plastic cupcake bags (found where specialty baking supplies are sold), or sandwich bags, and place them in small bowls in the fridge to stand upright until they’re set. Then slit the gelatin and add one fish, tie the bag with a ribbon — and you have a little fishy bag that looks like it just came from the pet store!
You'll also love
- Red Quinoa with Roasted Butternut... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3/4) Lemon Cream Cake 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Chocolate Caramel & Pecan Turtle... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- My Maryland Cream of Crab Soup 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff in an Instant Pot 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Sweet Chili Tuna Dip 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Crunchy Oven-Fried Fish 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Mulled Merlot Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)