Deep-Fried Cheesecake Bites
Impress your family and friends with over-the-top deep-fried love! Make sure you have a deep fry thermometer on hand for this recipe.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 pound fresh or frozen strawberries, cleaned and quartered if fresh
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Beat the cream cheese until smooth in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the sugar, vanilla and graham cracker crumbs and beat until well combined. Scoop 1-tablespoon balls of the cheesecake mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, until the sugar is dissolved and the berries begin to break down and to give off their juices, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and purée until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the seeds. Set aside.
Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until the oil registers 350°F on a deep-frying thermometer. Line a baking sheet with paper towels and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the milk and whisk until smooth.
When the oil is ready, remove the cheesecake balls from the freezer. Working in batches, add the cheesecake balls to the batter a few at a time, turning to coat. Remove from the batter, allowing excess to drip off, and then carefully add to the oil. Fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per batch (allow the oil to return to temperature between batches). Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on the paper towels.
Serve warm, with strawberry sauce.
You'll also love
- Easy Raspberry Cheesecake Bites 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Dump Ranch 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Dale's New England Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Smoky Bacon BBQ Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Farmer's Fridge Mediterranean... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Popcorn Toffee Crack Bars 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Cheesecake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- 1-Hour Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies 4.1/5 (45 Votes)