Baked Rigatoni with Spinach, Ricotta, and Fontina
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 cups (about 1 pound) ricotta
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 6 ounces fontina, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
Heat the oven to 450°. Oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rigatoni until almost done, about 12 minutes. Drain. Put the pasta in the prepared baking dish and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
Meanwhile, squeeze as much of the water as possible from the spinach. Put the spinach in a food processor and puree with the ricotta, 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan, the nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir in half the fontina.
Stir the spinach mixture into the pasta. Top with the remaining fontina and Parmesan. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over the top. Bake the pasta until the top is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
NOTES Variation You can substitute another chunky pasta, such as penne rigate, penne, ziti, or fusilli. Boil all of these one or two minutes less.
You'll also love
- TAFFY APPLE SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- RASPBERRY-CRANBERRY-PINEAPPLE... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SPINACH AND TORTELLINI SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Raphael 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Carrot Muffin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick Gnocchi in Easy Tomato Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chard Dumplings in Chive Broth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quiche - Spinach & Bacon (Paula... 0/5 (0 Votes)