Red sauce for pasta
- 2 Jars Marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 c Olive oil
- 2 c Onions; chopped
- 2 tb Garlic; minced
- 1/2 ts Dried oregano
- 1/2 ts Dried basil
- 1 tb Black pepper; coarsely ground
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Dried red pepper flakes
- 1 cn San Marzano Plum tomatoes, with juice
- 3/4 c Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c Italian parsley; chopped
- Black olives, chopped
Drain the artichoke hearts, reserving the marinade.
2. Heat the olive oil and marindade in a large saucepan.
3. Add the onions, garlic, oregano, basil, black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes
4. Saute over medium low heat until the onions and garlic are soft and translucent, 10 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the artichoke hearts, Parmesan, olives, and parsley.
7. Stir gently, and simmer another 5 minutes. Serve over the pasta of your choice