Baby sweet potato fries
- 6 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 c olive oil
- pinch of brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F)
2. Scrub sweet potatoes, clean and/or peel them if baby cannot handle the skins
3. Cut the sweet potatoes into sizes that will suit your needs or, cut into strips that you may then cut down after baking
4. In a large bowl, add olive oil, cinnamon, ginger, and a pinch of brown sugar.
5. Toss the cut up sweet potatoes into the bowl and stir so that the potatoes are drenched with the olive oil mix.
6. Dump mixture onto a baking sheet and drizzle the remaining olive oil in the bowl over the potatoes on the baking sheet. Stir and swirl the potatoes on the baking sheet before placing in oven. Bake for approx 30-45 minutes or until tender.
The skins may become crispy but the actual potato "meat" will not. They will be a bit mushy like. These will not look or bake up like regular white potato French Fries so don't be alarmed.
This is the basic way to make sweet potato fries so feel free to improvise as much as you want!