Pork Chops with Apples and Shallots
- 2 Tbls. butter
- 1/2 lb. medium shallots, halved or quartered lenghwise
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/8's
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 pork rib chops
- salt and pepper.
1. Heat the broiler, set a rack 4 inches from the heat. In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium high heat. Add the shallots, cook, stirring occasionally until browned about 5 minutes. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium. Continue cooking until the shallots are soft about 5 min more.
2. Add the apples and wine, cover and cook until the apples are beginning to soften about 5 min. Uncover, cook, stirring until most of the liquid has evaporated and the apples are tender, 2 to 4 min more. Remove from the heat, cover to keep warm.
3. While the apples are cooking, season the pork chops generoulsy with salt and pepper, place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. To serve, spoon the warm apple mixture over the chops.
You'll also love
- Angry Scallops with Citrus-Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kkak-du-gi - Fermented Radish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Horseradish roast beef and potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Tomatoes and Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southwest Pork & Bean Dinner 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Meringue Pie 2 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Pie by Grandma Ople 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smotheres pork chops with smashed... 0/5 (0 Votes)