Moroccan Chicken Stew
An unusual combinations of spices and ingredients will take you on an exciting culinary journey. This chicken stew really hits the spot on a cold day!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Couscous for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Heat oil in a 5-quart sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onions, pepper and garlic and cook 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
Add cinnamon and curry and cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in soup and heat to a boil.
Return chicken to pot. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
Stir in raisins and chickpeas. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in almonds.
Serve over couscous.
You'll also love
- Classic Chicken Pot Pie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Sausage and Sauerkraut Fritters 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Spicy Papaya/ Pineapple Shrimp 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pineapple carpaccio and coconut... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Moroccan Chicken and Butternut... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff (From the "old"... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chunky Split Pea Soup with Ham 4.5/5 (6 Votes)