Mexican Bow-Tie Pasta with Chicken
- 1 lb uncooked bow-tie pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Adapted from piebirds.org
Cook pasta in boiling, salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite size pieces.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add chicken and cook, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add garlic and continue to cook until chicken is just cooked through. Stir in flour; slowly pour in milk and broth, stirring constantly.
Add salsa and cream cheese and stir until sauce is hot and bubbling and cream cheese is melted and smooth.
Add drained pasta to skillet; stir until pasta is coated with sauce and everything is well combined.
Sprinkle fresh or dried parsley over the top and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Basil, Apple, Cheese & Honey Omelet 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweet & Spicy Guava Chicken Wings 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Florentine - Low Carb 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Stovetop Italian Macaroni 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Mango-Pineapple Salsa 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Fleming's Steakhouse Chipotle... 4.1/5 (68 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna 4.3/5 (29 Votes)