Sweet & Spicy Guava Chicken Wings
These spicy-sweet chicken wings are double skewered, grilled then glazed with guava jelly, a favorite Brazilian ingredient, to make a finger-licking favorite for summertime entertaining.
- 3/4 cup guava jelly
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Crushed
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds chicken wing pieces
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 38mins
Adapted from mccormick.com
Melt guava jelly in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Add lime juice, black pepper and red pepper; mix well.
Reserve 1/2 cup for glaze. Add garlic powder, oil and salt to remaining mixture in bowl.
Pour into large resealable plastic bag. Prick chicken wings with fork. Add to marinade in bag; turn to coat well. Massage chicken wings and marinade for 4 to 5 minutes.
Remove chicken wings from marinade. Thread chicken wings onto long double skewers. Discard any remaining marinade.
Grill chicken wings over medium-high heat 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Place chicken wings in large bowl. Add reserved guava jelly mixture; toss to coat well.
You'll also love
- Lemon Basil Grilled Chicken 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Fried Donuts – Low... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Kalbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Homemade Banana Pudding in a Jar 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Zesty Salmon Burgers with Dill... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Healthy Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Garlic... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (13 Votes)