Grandma's Crab Cakes
The outside of these crab cakes are crispy and the inside is filled with tons of crabmeat. I love the different textures and flavors. I actually double the recipe to serve two people because what the recipe calls for here is not enough.
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 8 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt (her recipe called for mayonnaise, I was out)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from howsweeteats.com
Combine all ingredients in a bowl except oil and stir until thoroughly combined.
Heat a skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
While it’s heating, form the crab mixture into small patties – you will get about 5 to 6 cakes.
Place them in the skillet and cook until lightly golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
You'll also love
- White Sandwich Bread 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Triple Lemon Pie 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Strawberry and Chocolate Trifle 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Scalloped Cabbage 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Zucchini Fries 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Drizzled... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Garlic... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon Dip 4.6/5 (26 Votes)