Summer Quinoa Salad with Corn and Tomato
The salad is a delicious way to enjoy fresh seasonal vegetables — you can use whatever vegetables you happen to have on hand. We used corn cut right of the cob, which adds sweet bursts of flavor in each bite. The salad happens to be vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free, and is a nice option to bring to a summer cookout. It also works well as a lunch or light dinner with a green salad.
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 1 14-ounce can cannellini beans, or 3 cups cooked
- 2 ears corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 small shallots
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Adapted from acouplecooks.com
1 Make the quinoa, according to the instructions.
2 While the quinoa cooks, prepare the vegetables: Mince the shallots. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the corn from the cobs. Cut the basil into thin strips (chiffonade). Drain and rinse 1 can cannelini beans.
3 In a canning jar, place 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar in the jar. Add a few pinches kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and 1/2 tablespoon stone ground mustard. Shake vigorously to combine.
4 When the quinoa is done, spread it on a large baking sheet to cool it to room temperature quickly. Transfer it to a large bowl. Add the vegetables and the dressing. Add a few more pinches kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Taste, and add more seasoning to taste.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (279 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes 4.5/5 (133 Votes)