#KIphotocontest - Lemon-Pepper Shrimp Scampi
From COOKING LIGHT magazine - Mar-2009
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 7 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Place orzo in a medium bowl. Stir in parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and keep warm.
2. While orzo cooks, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add half of shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer shrimp to a plate. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in pan. Add remaining shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer to plate.
3. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp, juice, and pepper; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done.
You'll also love
- "No Bake" Baked Potato Salad 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow- Cooker Spiced Vanilla-Pear... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Orange Trifle 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Crab & Avocado Quesadillas 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Yucatan Shrimp 3.9/5 (53 Votes)
- Baked Greek Shrimp With Tomatoes... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)