Pork Chops With Tomatoes, Peppers And Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped garlic
- 4 loin 3/4"-thick pork chops - (abt 1 lb) fat removed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 tspn dried oregano)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped plum tomatoes
- 8 ounces whole fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed
- and thickly sliced - (abt 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper seeded, and cut into 1/4" strips - (abt 1 cup)
In large, heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic and pork chops; cook until chops are lightly browned on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Increase heat and add wine, salt, oregano and crushed red pepper, if desired. Continue to cook, stirring to loosen particles, until wine is reduced by about half, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes and return chops to skillet. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, basting periodically, until chops are fully cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Chops are done when no pink remains in meat.
Meanwhile, in medium-sized skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms and peppers to skillet with cooked chops and mix thoroughly. Simmer for 2 or 3 minutes to allow ingredients to blend.
Transfer pork chops to serving platter, pour pan juices and vegetables over top and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Pepper Steak With Crimini And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oyster Mushrooms, Shiitake, White... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Noodles With Shiitake Mushrooms,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Salad With Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Beef Stir-Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom And Sausage Ragu On Soft... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Soup With Rosemary And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spring Morels And Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)