Z-Farfalle with Zucchini and White Beans
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
Review this recipe
- 6 ouncesuncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 2 tablespoonsolive oil
- 2 small zucchini (about 6 ounces), cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices then stacked and cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1/2 teaspoonsalt
- 1/8 teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
- 1 small orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cupcanned small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 24 small curls Parmesan cheese removed with a vegetable peeler (1 1/2 ounces)
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in zucchini, salt, and pepper; cook until the zucchini begins to soften (2-3 minutes), stirring frequently. Stir in the bell pepper and beans; cook until bell pepper is softened (about 2 minutes), stirring frequently.
3. Add pasta to skillet; cook until heated through (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Transfer the pasta to bowls; top with Parmesan curls. Serve immediately