Spaghetti With Chicken, Spinach, And Lobster Mushrooms
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces lobster mushrooms chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 small to medium bunch of spinach
- 1 pound Spelt spaghetti (or other spelt pasta)
- Salt to taste
- Salad oil as needed
- 14 ounces chicken stock more or less
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into thin strips. Thinly slice the mushrooms and dice the onion. Trim the tough ends off of the spinach, chop coarsely and set aside.
In a saucepan, cook the spelt pasta according to package directions. Drain and return the pasta to the saucepan. Keep it warm.
In a medium-sized, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the salt and the chicken to heated salad oil. Cook until the chicken is lightly browned, just until it loses its pink color. This should take only about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken to a bowl.
In the pan drippings, add another tablespoon of salad oil and heat. Add the onion and cook until not quite tender, for about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook until the onions and mushrooms are golden brown.
Add the chicken stock and cream cheese to the mushrooms. Heat until boiling, stirring until the cream cheese melts. Boil for only about 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken, spinach, and pepper. Heat through. Toss the pasta with the chicken mixture.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Shrimp With Wood Ears 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Hedgehogs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Really Wild Mushroom Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rack Of Baby Lamb On Potatoes With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato-Mushroom Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster With Truffle Butter, Corn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocados Stuffed With Truffled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wilted Spinach Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)