- Recipe By : BETTER HOMES AND GARDEN
- Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Desserts
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 2 3 oz. pkg ladyfingers, split -- 24 total
- 6 oz. cream cheese -- softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 4 oz. pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon groung cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon groung ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pumkin pie spices
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apricot jam -- melted
- pumpkin pie spice
Chill a mixing bowl and beaters. For crust, line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with ladyfingers, cutting to fill spaces. Trim bottoms of the remaining ladyfingers slightly to stand in pan. Place ladyfingers, round side out, against pan sides. Set aside.
For cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed till combined. In a chilled bowl beat 1 3/4 cup cream and powdered sugar till soft peaks form; reserve 1/2 cup. Fold remaining into cheese mixture.
For pumpkin filling, stir together pudding mixes, cinnamon, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon pie spice. Add pumpkin and milk; beat till thick. Fold in reserved 1/2 cup whipped cream.
Spread the cream cheese filling evenly onto the bottom of prepared pan. Carefully spread pumpkin layer over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
To serve, remove sides from pan; place charlotte on a platter. If desired, brush sides with melted jam. Beat remaining 1/4 cup whipping cream to soft peaks; spoon atop each serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice.