Red Velvet Pumpkin Muffins
CAL 181; FAT 3.5g; CARB 37g; FIB 2g; PROT 2g; WW Points Plus: 5
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- cooking spray
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Empty your can of pumpkin into a large bowl.
2. Add cake mix and combine with a hand mixer. Note: The batter will be EXTREMELY thick. You will be tempted to add water. DON’T! Just go with it… trust me!
3. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and add your batter to the muffin pan, splitting it evenly between the 12 compartments.
Remember, I said the batter would be thick…
4. OPTIONAL STEP: This batter cooks a little differently. Those peaks you see below won’t flatten out, instead they’ll just cook into that shape, like little mountains.
You can make your muffins prettier by smoothing out the tops of the muffins before you bake them. I do this with the back of a teaspoon. Run your teaspoon under hot water, and then use it to smooth down the tops of the muffin. You’ll have to run your spoon under hot water after every second muffins smoothing. In the end, your muffins “batter” will look like this.
5. Bake your muffins at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, and behold the beautiful muffins you will have created…