Arugula, Fig & Bleu Cheese Salad
Chef Alan Jackson opened Lemonade cafes with the aim to provide Los Angeles families with fast, casual fare that's healthy to boot. And that's exactly what's so great about this arugula salad, which is easy to make, full of flavor and quite nutritious.
Serve it as a starter, before a heavier main course, or on the side of your barbecue fare to give your plates some greens. Either way, be sure to include it in your menu!
- 10 oz. baby arugula leaves
- 8 fresh Mission figs, stemmed, halved and sliced crosswise (about 2 cups)
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled into medium-size chunks
- 1/3 cup Sherry Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Sherry Vinaigrette
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- 3 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from people.com
In a mixing bowl, combine the arugula, figs and cheese. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper. Toss the ingredients together to lightly coat.
In a small mixing bowl or Mason jar, combine the shallot, honey, sherry and balsamic vinegars, and olive and canola oils; season with salt and pepper. Whisk or shake to blend. Makes 1 cup.
You'll also love
- Torn Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheesy Zucchini Bake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Lime Angel Food Cake with... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pineapple Cucumber Juice 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Boston Lettuce and Fettuccine 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Steak & Spinach Salad with Bacon... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Polenta tart with goat cheese,... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Vanilla Fig Oatmeal with Baklava... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)