Ostrich And Shrimp In Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 8 jumbo shrimp
- 12 pieces ostrich sliced medallion
- size and then pounded into scaloppini
- 15 medium garlic cloves - (to 20) peeled, whole
- 1/2 bottle dry white wine (preferably Chardonnay)
- 1 1/2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 stick lightly salted butter
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
Prepare ostrich and set aside. Place garlic cloves in the oven at 400 degrees and bake until soft and brown (about 10 to 15 minutes).
In sauce pot, melt butter and saute onion until onion is fully cooked (about 5 minutes). Add wine and allow to cook until dry over medium heat.
When mixture has evaporated back down, add roasted garlic and puree. Place back on heat and slowly add cream, salt and pepper. Bring to slight boil and set aside.
In separate pan, heat olive oil, add ostrich, sear on both sides and set aside. Add shrimp and chicken stock to oil; saute until cooked. Add ostrich and sauce.
This recipe yields ?? servings.