Ruth's Chris Steak House's Barbecue Shrimp Orleans
- BARBEQUE BUTTER:
- 1 pound butter
- 2 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper - (scant)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper - (scant)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole dried rosemary leaves (measured, then finely chopped)
- 2 ounces garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp - (16-20 count) cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Sourdough bread for serving
For Barbecue Butter: Soften butter at room temperature to 70 to 80 degrees. Place butter in mixing bowl; add pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, rosemary, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and water. Whip on high speed 3 minutes or until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate to 40 degrees. The following shrimp recipe will use 1 cup of the butter; reserve extra for another use. (Makes about 2 1/2 cups)
For Shrimp: Pour olive oil in a hot sauté pan. Add shrimp to the sauté pan and cook on one side for 1 to 2 minutes. (Don't crowd; if necessary, use 2 pans. A 12-inch pan will accommodate 1 pound of shrimp.)
Reduce heat to medium, turn shrimp, and add the chopped green onion. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Add white wine and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup.
Stir in 1 cup cold Barbecue Butter, reduce heat to low and cook and stir frequently until shrimp are just done (white throughout, moist and tender), approximately 1 1/2 minutes. Take care not to overcook the shrimp. Serve immediately in a bowl preheated to 160 degrees.
This recipe yields ?? servings.