Warm Spicy Butter-Poached Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp - (10/15 count) peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons hot red pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pound unsalted butter - (4 sticks) cut into pieces
- 4 teaspoons finely-grated lemon zest
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 garlic clove peeled, smashed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash hot red pepper sauce
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- 1 baguette as accompaniment
Place the shrimp in a large glass bowl or baking dish. Add the hot sauce and Essence and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
In a large saucepan, bring 3 tablespoons of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to very low, and whisk in all the butter piece by piece until emulsified. Add the lemon zest, bay leaves, salt, cayenne, and garlic clove, and stir to combine. Add the shrimp and cook gently over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and hot sauce, and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaves and garlic clove. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. Transfer the shrimp to 4 large, shallow bowls. Spoon some of the butter sauce over each portion, and garnish with the parsley and green onions. Serve with slices of bread.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)