3 Bean Chicken Chili
A healthy and hearty chicken chili
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, undrained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, undrained
- 2 tbsp chili powder
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Cook chicken and onions in a sauce pan until brown. To shred the chicken you'll want it to cook about 1/2 way and start piecing it apart with forks, then finish cooking it and sauteing the onions.
2. Place all of the other ingredients in a large pot along with the chicken and onion and let simmer for about 45 minutes on medium-high.
3. Top with cheese, onion, or whatever you like on your chili.