Caribbean Pork Stew with Peppers
Caribbean Pork Stew with Peppers is the perfect hand-free meal that you can make in your slow cooker. Fill your slow cooker with all of these zesty Caribbean ingredients, set it, and forget it, and come home to a well-balanced and delicious meal for the whole family. Serve with fluffy white or brown rice, a lightly dressed side salad, or steamed or roasted vegetables.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, about 1/2 cup, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 3 cups water
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 380mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, place flour, salt, and pepper. Add pork; seal bag and shake to coat. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork cubes in oil on all sides, working in batches if necessary.
Spray 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. With a slotted spoon, remove pork from skillet to slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients except rice and water.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours. About 25 minutes before pork is done, cook rice in water as directed on package. Serve stew over rice.
You'll also love
- Onion Baked Chicken 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Fat-free Vanilla or Blueberry... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Orange Peel Pork 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Lamb Chops crusted with... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pastrami Wrapped Caesar Chicken 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Fig, Apple & Sage Stuffing 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Bulgogi Dipping Sauce 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Garlic Pork Enchiladas with Green... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)