Southwest Chicken and Rice Bake
Southwest Chicken and Rice Bake, comfort food at it's finest!
Recipe from Dad Serve's 6 to 8
- Non stick cooking spray
- 1 whole slow roasted chicken, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 1 jar (16 ounce) mild picante sauce
- 1 can (11 ounce) corn and peppers
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (8 ounce) Mexican Style shredded cheese, divided
- Sour cream (optional)
- Tortilla strips (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
Combine all but last two ingredients in a large bowl, reserving 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Spread mixture evenly into baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve topped with sour cream and tortilla strips, if desired.
Refrigerate any leftovers.
You'll also love
- Firecracker Chicken Wraps 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- El Pollo Loco Flame Broiled... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Baked Chicken in Gravy 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Smoked Chicken 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Bourbon Mustard Chicken 4/5 (2 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Chicken Burritos 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Pot Pie Southern Living 4.5/5 (2 Votes)