Chicken Pot Pie Southern Living
Old Fashioned Chicken Pot pie from Southern Living 2/2011
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 (14.5 oz ) can Chicken Broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cubed hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 (17.3 oz) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg
Cooking time 55mins
1. Preheat oven to 375. melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add leeks, and saute 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
Whisk chicken broth bring to a boil, whisking constantly. remove from heat and stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients.
2. roll each pastry sheet into a 12 in by 10 inch rectangleon a lightly floured surface. Fit 1 sheet into a 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Spoon chicken mixture into pastry. Place remaining pastry sheet over top in opposite cirection of bottom sheet, fold edges under and press with tines of a fork, sealing to bottom crust. Whisk together egg and 1 tbsp of water and brjush over top of pie.
3. Bake at 375 on lower oven rach for 55 to 60 minutes or until browned.
You'll also love
- Chicken Stroganoff (Weight... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Tortellini & Spinach Lasagna... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Bacon Pierogi Bake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken (Weight... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Pasties 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheddar's Chicken Pot Pie 3.9/5 (37 Votes)