Sauteed Kale With Irish Bacon
- 6 rashers Irish bacon chopped
- 2 small spring onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds kale tough stems
- removed, leaves rinsed well and left damp, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Irish butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large saute pan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the pan.
Return the pan to medium-high heat. Add the butter and when melted, add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 minutes. Add the damp kale and stir to combine. Add the stock and stir. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender, about 5 minutes.
Uncover, add the cream and lemon juice, and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the kale is very tender. Add the bacon and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)