Sauteed Kale With Irish Bacon
- 6 rashers Irish bacon chopped
- 2 small spring onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds kale tough stems
- removed, leaves rinsed well and left damp, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Irish butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large saute pan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the pan.
Return the pan to medium-high heat. Add the butter and when melted, add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 minutes. Add the damp kale and stir to combine. Add the stock and stir. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender, about 5 minutes.
Uncover, add the cream and lemon juice, and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the kale is very tender. Add the bacon and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Soup - Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato,... 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Hazy Waters Sweet and Savory Kale 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Potato, Onion And Pea Champ 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai-Style New Zealand Green Shell... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin En Croute 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Marinated Fish With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentils With Bulgur Wheat And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Pork With Rosemary-Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)