Easy Oven Baked Squash Chips
These oven-baked squash chips come out of the oven with a a lovely crunch and can be flavored to your liking. Patience is key—the longer they bake, the crunchier they'll be. Make them when the next time you're in the mood for a healthy snack!
- 1 green or yellow squash
- Favorite seasonings
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
Using either a mandolin or a knife, cut the squash into very thin slices.
Spray a cookie sheet (or two) liberally with cooking spray. Arrange the squash slices on the cookie sheets, ensuring that they don’t touch (they can be really close to each other, but not touching). Preheat the oven to 200°F.
Evenly sprinkle salt over the squash slices. Be careful not to use too much salt because the chips will shrink while cooking, which means they could end up being overly salty. You can always add more salt after they are baked.
Sprinkle any additional desired seasonings on the chips.
Put the cookie sheets in the preheated oven. Let the squash chips bake for 2-3 hours (check them at 2 hours and see how long they need from there). The longer you bake them, the crunchier they will be.
Remove the chips from the oven when done, let cool, and serve with your favorite dips or on their own.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins (Southern... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Pasta With Kale Pesto and Roasted... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Sue's Chicken Pot Pie with Puff... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Tomato Eggplant Zucchini Bake with... 3.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Maple-Bacon Chicken Wings 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Zucchini Fritters with sauce 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice... 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Oven-Baked Buffalo Chicken Poppers 4/5 (1 Votes)