Cherry Tomato Crostini with Whipped Feta
Salty whipped feta is a perfect canvas for acidic, sweet cherry tomatoes and spicy garlic and shallot. Fresh chopped basil brings it all together.
- 1 whole French Baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 whole shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
Preparation time 18mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Arrange the bread slices on a large rimmed baking sheet and brush the tops with 1/4 cup of olive oil. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly toasted.
Meanwhile, combine the feta, cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Stir together the tomatoes, shallots, garlic, and vinegar in a medium bowl to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
To assemble, spread some whipped feta over each toasted bread slices. Spoon the tomatoes over the crostini and sprinkle the basil over the top.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Mario Batali's Shrimp Scampi 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Crunchy honey garlic pork chops 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Cherry Berry Ginger Smoothie Recipe 4.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Stuffed Baked Tomatoes 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Nova Scotia Green Tomato Chow 3.5/5 (555 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Soup with Asiago... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)