Spicy Orange Beef
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced - white parts and tops separated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
1. Combine beef, orange juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, hot chili paste, brown sugar, and garlic in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Strain beef in a colander set over a large bowl, allowing beef to drain thoroughly, about 5 minutes. Reserve marinade.
3. Stir water and cornstarch into the bowl of marinade. Whisk until cornstarch is dissolved, set aside.
4. Spray skillet with cooking spray and place over high heat. Cook beef for 1 minute without stirring; cook and stir for an additional minute.
5. Stir in light parts of green onion and orange zest; cook for 30 seconds.
6. Stir in marinade and green onion tops; cook and stir until beef is no longer pink inside and sauce is reduced and thick, about 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Lemon Ladyfinger Dessert 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Balsamic Pork Kebabs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Nut Loaf Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Cheddar and Jalapeño... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Mint Iced Tea 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek Salad with Beef Kebabs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Simple Beef Enchiladas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Bell Pepper & Basil... 0/5 (0 Votes)