Pasta with Tomato, Bacon, and Onion
Any busy cook will appreciate our Pasta with Tomato, Bacon, and Onion recipe, which uses just one dish and takes just 30 minutes to prepare. This recipe calls for canned tomatoes, but fresh tomatoes can easily be added if they are in season. Watching the garlic closely as it cooks prevents it from burning.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Adapted from maknyuu.us
1. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate and pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat. Add onion to skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
2. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, drain pasta, and return to pot. Add tomato sauce, parsley, and cooked bacon to pot and toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as needed. Season with salt. Serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)